FREESCO (stands for FREE ciSCO) is a free replacement for commercial
routers supporting up to 3 ethernet/arcnet/tokenring/arlan network cards and up to 2 modems.|
Why should you use Freesco?
Freesco is the easiest to use, one disk Linux system available.
For more, read the full overview.
- Ease of use - it's insanely easy to set up
- Thoroughly documented - it's more or less self contained, read one doc and you're off and running
- Like most players in this field, it runs off one floppy
- FreeSco runs in as little as 6 Mb RAM.
- Unique Web Control Panel
We've bought new hosting for freesco.org|
Some cgi scripts don't work yet, so please be patient.
Stable Freesco 0.2.6 Released!|
Important changes since 0.2.5:
This is a 'stable' version of 0.2.5 where all known important bugs have been fixed, but no significant new features have been added.
- IPSec support removed (for now) to solve the kernel crashes some people experienced
- lpd (print server) now handles large print jobs correctly, and includes better logging
- dhcp client updated again, should work better with cable isp's
- "cannot copy *.isp to chat.pwd" bug in ethernet mode fixed
- new mgetty to fix the RAS dialin server
- free disk space up from 31kb to 58kb
- smc-ultra.o module is now built in
- dyndns stats page is now refreshed correctly
- /mnt/router/fix dir for dropping in updated /bin commands
- snarf updated to 2.0.9
- dhcp server assigns dns server option based on subnet
- uptime command added
- plus lots of small changes
New freesco domains.
www.freesco.org has been quite unreliable lately, so www.freesco.com
and www.freesco.net now point to our mirror page at
www.linuxsupportline.com/~router please try these if you're unable to reach www.freesco.org
Changed Links page - many new added.|
Added DejaSearch - Dejanews Power Search. Try it.
The long awaited Freesco v0.2.5 released!|
Here are some of the new features since 0.2.3a:
Important bug fixes
- Multiple ISP support, selectable from web admin or console
- Much improved and commented setup
- Easier port forwarding setup
- DynDNS support
- Support for second print server
- ip_masq_icq & ip_masq_h3231 modules
- dhcp client reports hostname
- Better web admin control & security
- Connect speed in log and link status feature on web admin
- Optional ident daemon available for download
- And many many other small changes and improvements
- Loading of extra network card drivers
- Time update and clock command now Y2K compliant
- Some DNS fixes
- noipdefault option for pppd
New web design
Cake, candles and wine!!! Beta v0.2.3 ready for tests!!!|
Sorry Simon, I lied you - changes are very drastic. Hope you forgive me :)
- Web Control Panel (must be seen).
- Ability to back up ethernet link via dialup link.
- arlan support (tested 2Mb version).
- arcnet support (tested).
- port forwarding.
- IP addr ban list.
- and many more small changes
- and as usual some old bugs were fixed and some new were added :)
Version 0.2.0 is ready for testing. Manual was updated.