2.1 Installing on a floppy disk.
Download a file frescoXYZ.zip (XYZ - is a version number), unpack it in a
temporary folder. There you will find:
- folder TCLIENT.W9x, containing Time Server client for Windows 95/98
- folder TCLIENT.UIX, containing Time Server client for linux(unix)
- freesco.scp - script for modem connection to FREESCO from Windows 95/98
- freesco.XYZ - floppy disk image of XYZ version of FREESCO
- rawrite.exe - program that copies image on floppy disk
Then make a floppy disk using rawrite program under DOS or DOS box in Windows 9x:
or using dd program under linux:
dd if=freesco.XYZ of=/dev/fd0
Now boot from your floppy and at a prompt type
and set up your router as it's described in section 4.
2.2 Installing on a hard disk.
Prepare bootable hard disk drive with MS DOS (or compatible OS) on it.
Prepare floppy as it's said in section 2.1, boot from it, login as root (username:
root, password: root) and execute:
Remove floppy disk and boot from hard disk. At DOS prompt type
and setup your router as it's described in section 4.
NOTE: See Troubleshooting section.